Monday, March 7, 2016

Wooh, its already p-day! that was fast. :) 

Well since not too much happened these last few days but I want to tell you about our 2 awesome investigators from the Congo in Africa. they are brothers and one is 27 and the other is in his 40s. They are 7th day Adventists and are very strong in their church and very knowledgeable. Our senior couple the Slemboskis from St. George found them and started teaching them, and invited us to join them on the lessons. But man, they ask the deepest and most thought out questions I have ever heard!!! they recognize the spirit and are soo open to what we are teaching them! And they have been having some struggles understanding some of the doctrine...(Sabbath day is on sunday not Saturday, it was apart of god's plan for adam to fall, god has a body of flesh and bones, etc.) but they believe that the book of Mormon is the word of god and that joseph smith is a true prophet! and the younger one said he would be baptized if he came to know that it is true!!!! and I know that they both will be baptized one day! but it will take some time because they do have soo many questions and their English is hard to understand at times so our minds and bodies are exhausted after those lessons... ahhahaha so much focus and concentration! But they are probably our most solid investigators right now since we weren't able to see Fiona this past week. :( 

this area sure is different from cairns.. ahhah in cairns we had heaps and heaps of investigators and here we have like 5... but all is well! :) I have learned soo much in this area. :) 

So funny story.. so in our flat we have like 2 boxes full of ensigns and so usually read them during lunch time or at night before I go to sleep and I thought I had already read all of them but I found a few last night that I haven't read yet! and so this morning when I opened one up, they had a section of the friend inside the Liahona and guess what article was inside... the one that I was a model for when I was like 10 for jenny nelsons drawing! HA! isn't that crazy?! hahaha I couldn't believe it! so I had to take a selfie. :) 

Well I love you sooooooooooo much. and I was trying to think about something this morning that I could send to yall and the spirit told me that this quote and invitation is what yall need.... "never let a day go by without holding family prayer and family scripture study. Put this, the Lord's program, to the test, and see if it does not bless your home with greater peace, hope, love, and faith. I promise you that daily family prayer and scripture study will build within the walls of your home a security and bonding that will enrich your lives and prepare your families to meet the challenges of today and the eternities to come." -L. Tom Perry. So I would love to invite all of you to make family prayer and family scripture study something that you will commit to do daily. And if you are doing it daily, think of something that will help enrich your prayers or scripture study even more! the promised blessings are sooo worth it! 

but im out of time... sorry if my emails are kind of crazy... i type as fast as i can so i can email everyone back! ahha and if i didn't email you back individually, know that i love you and appreciate your email sooooo much!!!!! LOVE YOU!!!

love, sister Alldredge 


1. the friend article!!!!! tender mercy :)

2. in front of the temple last week
3. the congos! :) .... its always sooo awkward when a guy puts his arm around you for pics.... hahah what do you do?...  ahhahaaha



Snakes at a members house.  She says she may look calm but she is freaking out inside!
Sister Enero getting choked out by the snake
Big Python 

No comments:

Post a Comment