Monday, January 11, 2016

Which way? SAME WAY! Also I hope you had a great birthday mom!!!!! sure love you! wooooh. this past week was great! We saw soo many miracles! And i have learned a lot! Dont you just love the grind that we all get to go through? Its the best! 

I really like to reflect on the conference talks from this past conference, but one that has really stuck with me is the one from Elder Lawrence.. i think... the one called, "What Lack I Yet?" I have really been thinking about that, especially this past transfer. Every day we can ask our selves that, and as we are humble and sincere and are worthy of the spirit, we are always told something that we can work on. I also loved the thought that we should pray and ask for what are strengths are. That is something that I really have seemed to struggle with, knowing what I am doing well at. Especially if the day doesn't go as planned, or if we didn't teach as many lessons as we wanted to. Sister Cashman has really helped me to not be so hard on myself, which i am still working on and struggling at. This past week I was trying so hard to be positive and happy but I told sister Cashman that I felt like I must not beThis holiday/summer season has been tough and slower. and even though I want to see all of these amazing miracles happen, I have to be patient and realize that everything happens in the Lord's time and that everyone has their agency. All we can do is do our best and follow the spirit. President Henderson is very much about exact obedience and becoming a consecrated missionary and I am striving so hard to be that! But man, that can be hard. :) As we ask ourselves at the end of each day, "What lack I yet?" Or "Have I done the will of the Father today?" we can learn from our mistakes and become better through the atonement. 

But anyways... this past week was soooooo hot. One day it was 40 degrees celcius plus the humidity and muggyness. I thought I was going to die. hahaha but dont worry mom, i am wearing lots of sunscreen! :) We have been really working hard and now that the holidays are almost over, more people are home and so we have been teaching more, which is really good! 

One miracle we saw this week was when we were able to get a member to come with us. We went to visit this 11 year old girl that we haadn't seen in awhile and her uncle was there as well! He was from the Torres Strait Islands and was very interested in our religion. We taught him the restoration and we were able to send a return appointment! Wooooh! Then we went to follow up with a potential that we had (18 year old aboriginal girl that loves anything and everything to do with america. ahhaaha) and she wasn't at home, but her friend was! So we taught her and she was very interested as well, so we set up a return appointment! YEAHH! I love new investigators! So that was a miralce that we saw that day! 

Also we were sooooo close to setting a baptism date with Geoffrey. He wants to be baptized so bad but wont commit to a date, so its been kind of a struggle... But i felt impressed to say for January 23rd, and when we asked him he was really thinking and was nodding his head but then said he would have to pray about it. We think there must be something he isn't telling us because he seems soooo ready to be baptized!! But please pray for him! I know it is possible for him to be baptized next saturday!!!!!! 

But i love you all! And hope you have a great week!!!!! 


love, Sister Alldredge

Beware of crocs!

How about some Sea Cow?

New Member Michelle and her dogs

New Years Celebration

Sight Seeing

Sight Seeing with Aunt Paula!

No comments:

Post a Comment